Monday, October 18, 2010

retouching 2

Original
Final
 This was my second attempt at retouching portraits. The hardest part of this one was fixing his right canine tooth, I wanted to lighten his teeth a little but then I noticed that it over hung his lip a little and decided to fix it. It didn't come out very well because getting all the complexities of the texture of lips is really hard with only the paintbrush. The tooth isn't very noticeable in a smaller image like this  but when blown up it didn't look very good (my new tooth doesn't look very good either).
In this picture I also corrected the color, lightened some wrinkles and shadows, and clipped some white hairs in his mustache. The most important correction besides warming the image up was removing some of the deep shadows on the left side of the image in his ear and especially under his chin.

No comments:

Post a Comment