Monday, October 18, 2010

portrait retouching 1

 I wanted to learn more "applicable" techniques such as retouching, color corrections, and simple edits. After watching several lynda.com videos on portrait retouching I decided to try it out.

Here is my first try at retouching, I chose this image because it was simple, of good quality, and very large.



Below on the left I highlighted what i thought needed correction. First I corrected the color with the curves tool, lightening the overall image and then color correcting the skin. Then I lightly painted over the shiny parts of his forehead, nose, and cheek with a low opacity skin tone. After that I clipped a couple stray hairs and used the healing brush on several little scars, dimples, etc. Then I lightened a couple of shadows and wrinkles. Finally I removed the crease in his shirt next to his tie, I'm not sure if I should have done this or not because the content-aware fill made it look a little wrinkled.  




                                


 Highlighted here is what is what I chose to work on


















Final Image

No comments:

Post a Comment